This post is inspired by this article by jenniferalaine.
When I was a kid I wanted to be on Television. And I was on television - for 12 years (yes, I started really young). I was in front of the camera, behind the camera, holding the camera - whatever! So I pretty much got what I wanted. But at the same time, I wanted to try so many other things. Here's a list of a few things I want to do / have done:
- Be a doctor (nope, haven't done it. Though I am always diagnosing other people, does that count?)
- Event Organizer (Done it. For 2 years! Yeehaa!)
- Sing on stage (Done it, even recorded a song for some inane album somethingoranother)
- Strip for a day (uh... haven't done it. Taking pole dancing classes though - I foresee this in the near future *evil laugh*)
- Bartender on a beach bar (Something about wearing very little clothing and mixing alcohol makes this appealing to me - but alas, hasn't happened yet)
- Race car driver (I am probably the worst race-car-driver type person evah! Check out the video of me go-karting below (check out my friends commentary! LOL!). You could walk faster than I was driving! But still I have hope~)
Ok, so the point is that, if you're having trouble figuring out what your passion / purpose might be, why not go back to when you were a kid and see what you wanted to be back then (Ok, so as a child I didn't want to be a stripper - that was more of an adult development)? The list above are just some of the things I want to do. Some other things are down right outrageous! For instance, I've always wanted to be an astronaut. Given the opportunity I will jump at it! You betcha bottom dollar I will be trying to mosey up to Richard Branson to get on his space craft (ok, that sounded dirty - but you know what I mean).
So think back, see what you can come up. Write down the craziest or not so crazy things you wanted to do back then, or even recently. Who cares if you want to be a singer and frogs croak better than you do? Write it down anyway. The way I figure, if it makes your heart soar, then it's worth a try!
ps If you would like to have Blisscipline in your mailbox, just subscribe above for free updates! :)